Analog IC Design Engineer for optical fiber transceivers (Junior/Senior)
LEO Space Photonics R&D seeks an Analog IC Designer who is ambitious to join a start-up with the mission to design integrated circuits for space applications.
The role requires an engineer/researcher with core expertise or keen interest in fiber optic transceivers. The skillset for this position revolves around:
- acknowledging fiber optic transceiver trade-offs and architectures,
- understanding high-speed wired links and the related signal integrity challenges,
- aiming at the issues that arise when deploying such circuits in space environments.
We seek a candidate with core IC design competences and crossing through the fundamentals of optical communications in space. The matching profiles could be PhD or Master’s holders, ideally followed by relevant industrial or academic/research roles.
A primary focus on the field of high-speed optoelectronics would be advantageous and it would be highly appreciated if the potential candidates have been exposed to:
- A complete IC design development effort from concept to characterization/qualification,
- software for IC design, simulation, layout and physical verification,
- software for programming/scripting/mathematical modeling,
- hardware specification/characterization/qualification for space applications,
- Technical communication/documentation.
Proven effectiveness in acquiring new skills and a strong problem-solving mindset, will be the key factor for candidates without extensive relevant experience.
The core work effort involves research and development focused on analog IC design. The successful candidate will contribute to implementation of the company’s product roadmap. A small availability to travel might be required for meetings or characterization campaigns. Taking part in a dynamic workplace environment the ideal candidate possesses the spirit to combine technical innovation with the vision of product development and take responsibility to lead and contribute in various aspects of a growing business.
An opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology that will define satellite communications in the next decades. A knowledge-intensive environment with focus on innovation, where pressing engineering problems will be solved, and ideas will materialize into hardware.
We value engineering excellence and will compensate it according to experience.
We strive to provide a friendly, diffused atmosphere where people can flourish and achieve life balance.
We are located in the “Lefkippos” Technology Park, within the campus of NCSR “Demokritos” in Agia Paraskevi.
Please contact with CV and letter via LinkedIn or email at email@example.com